Mr. Sean J Murphy is a successful designer serving private, corporate and institutional clients. In addition to being a registered Landscape Architect in both Florida and Georgia, he is a LEED Accredited Professional and an ISA Certified Arborist. Furthermore he is a USACE Certified Wetland Delineator and a GDOT prequalified professional.
With over twenty years of experience, hundreds of satisfied clients, Mr. Murphy has developed a reputation of excellence recognized by past employers, professional associations, his numerous clients and his peers. Only six years out of college he started his own firm (Amenity Architects, LLC) which he then sold to merge with a larger multi-disciplinary engineering company in 2007. His client list had grown to include a Georgia governor, several famous sports figures, respected business owners, developers, and community organizations.
CURRENT AND FORMER CLIENTS:
- R.J. Griffin
- City of Smyrna
- Bayfair Homes
- Wieland Homes
- Northside Realty
- Hobbs Fountains
- Hewlett Packard
- Barry Real Estate
- Cousins Properties
- City of Norcross, Ga
- City of Marietta, GA
- City of Stockbridge, GA
- McCauley Properties
- Internet Security Systems
- Post Apartment Development
- Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games
Through the application of innovative design, effective construction techniques, and expert advice, Mr. Murphy develops workable solutions that achieve his clients’ goals and objectives. His work often becomes a benchmark for excellence in the areas he practices, giving his clients an important advantage in achieving success in an increasingly competitive environment. All of his projects benefit from specialized skills in detailed sustainable design and life cycle cost analysis.
In order to remain competitive in a world of constantly changing and advancing technology, Sean pursues a basic if not thorough understanding in most of the latest internet, CAD and business related software and hardware. From AutoCAD, Microstation and Sketchup to Photoshop and Adobe Professional, Sean maintains the necessary technical expertise to ensure compatibility and continuity with any client’s technical needs and infrastructure. He is also proficient in all facets of word processing, graphic design, 3-D Modeling, Computer Aided Design (CAD), social networking and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Mr. Murphy’s experience and training have been diverse and he has practiced a wide variety of design services on a professional basis. In addition to Landscape Architecture, Mr. Murphy practices residential architectural design and site engineering.
CORE FOCUS AREAS:
- Urban Design
- Resort Amenities
- Residential and Multi-family Amenities
- Parks and Recreation
- Development Planning
- Custom Residential
- Water Features
- Commercial and Retail
- Office / Institutional
- Arborist Consulting Service
Mr. Murphy is currently employed as the Director of Design at B+C Studio.
In 2007, Mr. Murphy sold his firm’s assets to multidisciplinary firm SEI (Southeastern Engineering, Inc.) in Atlanta, Georgia. He then joined SEI as the acting Director of Planning and Landscape Architecture Department. Mr. Murphy brought with him experience in Parks and Streetscapes as well as Urban Design. The synergies created by the merger allowed SEI to pursue more public work during the difficult economy created by the housing crisis of 2007. While at SEI, Mr. Murphy was given additional duties as he became one of the firm’s chief marketing and business development officers. He was instrumental in wining multiple competitive bids for public park and streetscape projects in his last two years.
in 2001 Mr. Murphy founded Amenity Architects, LLC. His responsibilities included design, project management, and detailing for a variety of commercial and residential clients. His firm worked on projects including parks, resorts, office buildings, mixed use, retail centers, hotel/motel sites and residential communities. Sean’s firm was specialized in hardscape construction and in creating ‘signature’ amenity areas for larger projects. He grew his firm from a sole proprietorship to and LLC with five employees before selling to SEI in 2007.
Prior to forming Amenity Architects, Sean was employed by the nationally recognized apartment development company, Post Properties, Inc. Part of his time with Post Properties included management of the design studio and staff at ’Post Landscape Group’. Post Landscape Group was a third party division that was dedicated to landscape design, installation and management for clients outside of Post. (Post Landscape Group is now called High Grove Partners.) Additionally, Sean worked as a senior project landscape architect for Post Apartment Development Division. He was responsible for designing the amenity areas for many of Post’s urban projects constructed in Atlanta, Dallas, California, Charlotte, and Tampa during the late 90′s.
Before Post, Sean was also employed at Roy Ashley & Associates, Inc., Arcadis, Gherety and Miller, Inc. (formerly Piedmont Olsen Hensley, Inc), and Land Plus Ltd.
- SANY America Coporate Headquarters, Peachtree City, Georgia
- Streling Estates Assisted Living Community, Cobb County, Georiga
- West 22 Student Housing, Kennesaw, Georgia
- Woodbury Master Plan, Fulton County, Georgia
- Thrasher Park, Norcross, Georgia
- Webb Field, Nocross, Georgia
- White Stree Park, Suwanee, Georgia
- Virgin’s Natirar Farm, New Jersey
- Long Leaf Preserve, Freeport, Florida
- Harbour Place, Mixed Retail and Multifamily Development, Tampa, Florida
- Post Peachtree, Multi-family Development, Atlanta, Georgia
- Post Parkside, Multi-family Development, Atlanta, Georgia
- Post Stratford, Multi-family Development, Atlanta, Georgia
- Post Biltmore, Multi-family Development, Atlanta, Georgia
- Towne Square, Mixed Retail and Condominium Development, Decatur, Georgia
- Uptown Center at Gateway, Mixed Use Development, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Orchid Bay Marina and Resort, Guana Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
- The Avenue at East Cobb, Outdoor Specialty Mall, Marietta, Georgia
- The Look of the Games, 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia
- Walt Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel in Anaheim, California
- Sabal Reserve Business Park in Tampa, Florida
- Del Webb’s Sun City Resort Community in Hilton Head, South Carolina
- Northern Telecom Office in Alpharetta, Georgia
- Total Systems World Wide Headquarters Campus (VIsa/Amex), Columbus, Georgia
- Deerfield Business Park in Alpharetta, Georgia
- Serenbe Conservation Subdivision
- Tad Liethad Residence, the Vice President of Cousin’s Development
- 2004-2005 Coastal Living Idea Home, Apollo Beach, Florida
- Georgia Gov. Roy Barnes Residence, Austell, Georgia
- Georgia Landscape Architect
- Florida Landscape Architect
- LEED AP (Legacy AP)
- ISA Certified Arborist
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND NOTEWORTHY CONTINUING EDUCATION TRAINING:
- Indian University at Fort Wayne, Indiana (undergrad)
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, BSLA (Lanscape Architecture)
- Edinburgh College of Art, Edinburgh, Scotland (selective undergrad exchange program)
- Decorative Concrete Institute, Douglassville, Georgia – (Certification Program)
- US Army Corps of Engineers, Savannah, Georgia – (Certification Program)
- Mike Lin Graphic Workshop, Kansas City, Kansas – (week long graphics training)
- Post’s Properties Mini MBA Program, Kennesaw State University (Certificate Program)